The Basics of Hemp Drying with Dhydra
Using Dhydra Technologies to dry your hemp harvest & stock ensures the quality of the dried product. Our Rapid Low Thermal Dehydration Drying solutions can continuously dry large quantities in a short amount of time, and without requiring much production space. Dehydrated Hemp is widely used as food additives, for their source of oils, seeds and its medicinal benefits.
How Hemp Drying Works
Lowering the pressure and creating a vacuum allows the water in the Hemp product to “boil” (water becomes vapour) at low temperatures (room temperature). Dhydra’s Disruptive Technology applies low thermal energy in a strictly controlled manner to generate water vapor without heating the plants nutrients or other valuable attributes.
By heating the water rather than the plants’ nutrients and attributes, Dhydra can provide a superior output, including improved flavour and texture, while preserving the plants’ attributes. This also allows for maximum Hemp Oil extraction yields.
One of our advantages is that we control the energy into tightly defined regions. Rather than standing hot spots, Dhydra controls the travelling waves of energy allowing them to be applied evenly. This allows the energy levels to be matched to the hemp plants’ ability to dry. Therefore, in a continuous processing vacuum low thermal dehydrator, the energy levels can be controlled throughout the drying process and prevent the hemp plant from overheating.
- From CUT to DRY < (10%) product in an hour
- Scalable solutions for large/industrial scale growers
- On-demand processing: Client commits to volume and the machine is delivered for post-harvest processing
- Closed-loop system that captures all Terpenes, THC, and CBD
- Product dried with our technology can have oil extraction performed more quickly
- Reduction in bacterial and mold load in the final product
- Eliminates the “grassy flavour”
PLEASE NOTE, HEMP DRYING WILL BE AVAILABLE TO LICENSED PRODUCERS IN 2019
Please contact us for more information.